Wasted Honor -

Carl R. ToersBijns is the author of the Wasted Honor Trilogy [Wasted Honor I,II and Gorilla Justice] and his newest book From the Womb to the Tomb, the Tony Lester Story, which is a reflection of his life and his experiences as a correctional officer and a correctional administrator retiring with the rank of deputy warden in the New Mexico and Arizona correctional systems.

Carl also wrote a book on his combat experience in the Kindle book titled - Combat Medic - Men with destiny - A red cross of Valor -

Carl is considered by many a rogue expert in the field of prison security systems since leaving the profession. Carl has been involved in the design of many pilot programs related to mental health treatment, security threat groups, suicide prevention, and maximum custody operational plans including double bunking max inmates and enhancing security for staff. He invites you to read his books so you can understand and grasp the cultural and political implications and influences of these prisons. He deals with the emotions, the stress and anxiety as well as the realities faced working inside a prison. He deals with the occupational risks while elaborating on the psychological impact of both prison worker and prisoner.

His most recent book, Gorilla Justice, is an un-edited raw fictional version of realistic prison experiences and events through the eyes of an anecdotal translation of the inmate’s plight and suffering while enduring the harsh and toxic prison environment including solitary confinement.

Carl has been interviewed by numerous news stations and newspapers in Phoenix regarding the escape from the Kingman prison and other high profile media cases related to wrongful deaths and suicides inside prisons. His insights have been solicited by the ACLU, Amnesty International, and various other legal firms representing solitary confinement cases in California and Arizona. He is currently working on the STG Step Down program at Pelican Bay and has offered his own experience insights with the Center of Constitutional Rights lawyers and interns to establish a core program at the SHU units. He has personally corresponded and written with SHU prisoners to assess the living conditions and how it impacts their long term placement inside these type of units that are similar to those in Arizona Florence Eyman special management unit where Carl was a unit deputy warden for almost two years before his promotion to Deputy Warden of Operations in Safford and Eyman.

He is a strong advocate for the mentally ill and is a board member of David's Hope Inc. a non-profit advocacy group in Phoenix and also serves as a senior advisor for Law Enforcement Officers Advocates Council in Chino, California As a subject matter expert and corrections consultant, Carl has provided interviews and spoken on national and international radio talk shows e.g. BBC CBC Lou Show & TV shows as well as the Associated Press.

I use sarcasm, satire, parodies and other means to make you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
































































































































Thursday, September 17, 2015

Wisdom, Trust and Honor

Wisdom, Trust and Honor
 
 
Being a freelance consultant, criticizing how others do their job has its moments. From the very first day I set out to tell the truth, many went out of their way to slander my name and ruin my reputation. However, that wasn’t enough, they went the extra mile to attempt to silence me forever and threaten me with lawsuits and other types of harms just because I spoke out.
One would think, I possessed some kind of special power to give them reason to threaten me like that and challenge my incomparable wisdom and knowledge of the business and profession as others like me were intimidated into silence and stunned to speak if approached by anyone on the matter of concern. One might say it was a matter of principle for me to speak out when nobody else would and face the consequences of dealing with such corruptible people who sought anonymity whenever they spoke or reached out for special favors.
Not comparing myself to a saint or hero because I spoke the truth and shared the knowledge of Solomon and answered all the questions asked of me by investigators, reporters and others interested in finding out the truth on matters kept secret under the cover of governmental security business and revealing their chinks in armor which in turn could bring negative publicity, anger and displeasure with their lack of professional judgment and concern for other human beings.
For some, the answers provided added more substance to their suspicious and inquisitive nature to dig deep and for others, it was a means to find answers to the loose ends often attached to an investigation rarely made public. For me, that was important for other people to know the other side of the perceived truth and behold, in many ways, a trick or task, almost as great and wise as Solomon.
I was willing and unfearful of engaging in speaking with those who asked questions, and found the means to dig up history unparalleled in effort and energy against all odds. They arrived at the scene of the crime and instantly saw a visual intuitive holograph of what happened and set out to prove what they believed to be the truth.
Unfortunately, this ‘going rogue’ cast a dark and long shadow on me personally and professionally. It created a drama scene that very few could understand unless exposed to the same harsh politically motivated mistreatment and exclusion of others formerly in my friendship circle or professionally associated connections to the career I had chosen as a professional.
My honor was never compromised. My knowledge, wisdom and dialogue was created by many former successful professionals who served as my mentor through the entire span of my career. Their wisdom, knowledge and capabilities were never questioned. Not even the wisest of all men I knew, spoke like these mentors or tutors did to me.
They created a man who was prepared to be ready and make decisive conclusions and choices. I was taught to speak with a definitive sentence and end the conversation in the same manner. The more questions they asked, the more answers they received as I tried to master every situation.
The funny thing about this situation is that some admired me for my wisdom while others tried very hard to slam me down and slur my name. Regardless of the negative energy, I spoke the truth regardless of the threats or risks involved. Of course, in reality, there was nothing funny about this but the irony of the matters at hand was often exposures of the truth and the fact that someone took deliberate pains and efforts to hide the truth.
Just like Solomon, I tried to use my knowledge and wisdom to make me the master or every situation. There were many reasons to trust me and believe what I was offering to be answers based on intuitive and practical experience in the deceptive manner reports and other documents were written. I knew how the writer omitted deliberate facts out of the laundered report so there was less blame or no blame found in the summary or synopsis of such report writings.
They has good reason to trust me. I never asked for money or other gifts and did this from my heart and passion for the truth. It is true some attorneys paid me for my time and effort to decipher reports and write summaries on cases they were handling but for many others, there was no fee involved and caused some thoughts to expand the profession as a freelance consultant to a full time paid status.
However, my love was in my work and dealing with people who sought the truth and wisdom to relieve them from the anxieties and despair they were experiencing because of the facts being hidden from them purposely and at times, criminally in nature although hard to prove since they would challenge you with ligation if you challenged them I court.
I gave my energy, wisdom and truths with an unselfish motive to serve those who needed to know the truth. There were many who paid tribute to my honor to do so as there were equally, many who chose to smear me. It seemed to come with the territory. No one needed to bear witness to what was wrong or right. Each person knows from their own heart the answer to such concerns. They knew themselves their own thoughts and beliefs in their own eyes and mind.
I tried to work hard enough to where nothing was hidden from the eyes of those asking the questions. All I asked in return was to believe the words I expressed or thought and know in their hearts I was doing the best I could under the circumstances provided. It was a perplexing situation but it was satisfying for me because I helped others who needed help.
This is in no way a confession of any sins I might have committed while searching for the truth. In fact, quite the opposite would be true, I found peace and moral satisfaction of doing what I did for others who were warned that sometimes, whatever I found in origin or nature, would have no end. Some accepted this as a condition or agreement to help them but others turned my words into a controversial convoluted and psychotic explanation of my understandings and findings.
In no way did I ever betray those who sought my help. My knowledge foretold many things that had been hidden well and as enemies do, I was brow beaten by those who criticized my works and called me “disgruntled” and incompetent from the beginning. I knew from the beginning, there were those who would not believe me and whatever I told, would always be challenged.
In the meantime, I was betrayed by a few I had called friends. I am telling you this so whenever you put yourself in the same predicament or situation, you are prepared for the possibility that those who associate with you, laugh with you and drink a beer with you, will or might turn on you. Some are jealous of your ethics. Some wish they could be as strong as you are and some are envious of the fact that you had the courage and stamina to take the high road and fight off the lies and wrongdoing that is so plentiful around us.
Basically it comes down to those who believe you and those who do not. Those who will stay and remain true to you and those who betray you. I am telling you this now because that is the truth and when someone takes the time and effort to tell the truth, they are targeted by those who are offended by the truth. They do not like what you do and make reasons for hating you without due cause or reason. This is not about divinity. This is certainly not a compelling warrant you should engage in the same actions I chose. This is about faith, patience, and honor. When your time on Earth is done, you will be judged on your actions and your heart. In the end, you will be seen as a person who desired truth over lies. Facts over rumors and knowledge over myths.
I don’t know everything; not even close am I ever near the universal limits of knowledge but I gave what I possessed and concluded that if I didn’t know what was needed, I would search for more. I concluded the truth on the morality of the matter at hand. My statements were unqualified in detail but the details could have been incomplete or even lacking sufficient evidence making it conjectural in nature rather than proof of a wrongdoing or misdeed. However, it gave someone another path to follow and did deeper.
After all, I am but human and limited in my own capabilities and capacities to seek the entirety of the matter. Doing the best I could, I was never perfect but close to revealing what was hidden. I partially and imperfectly gleaned what I could to give you the clues and questions to find answers to when all was said and done.  This is how I know myself as I strive to understand others.
In some cases, I barely scratched the surface while in others, I revealed a gross neglect of truths that were deliberately hidden or misstated for reasons known only to the deceiver. Some were gracious revelations while others were incomplete visions of derivative matter. You might want to compare the reality with the fabricated truth that has been readily accepted to be the final epitaph of the matter of concern.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment