Wasted Honor -

Carl R. ToersBijns is the author of the Wasted Honor Trilogy [Wasted Honor I,II and Gorilla Justice] and his newest book From the Womb to the Tomb, the Tony Lester Story, which is a reflection of his life and his experiences as a correctional officer and a correctional administrator retiring with the rank of deputy warden in the New Mexico and Arizona correctional systems.

Carl also wrote a book on his combat experience in the Kindle book titled - Combat Medic - Men with destiny - A red cross of Valor -

Carl is considered by many a rogue expert in the field of prison security systems since leaving the profession. Carl has been involved in the design of many pilot programs related to mental health treatment, security threat groups, suicide prevention, and maximum custody operational plans including double bunking max inmates and enhancing security for staff. He invites you to read his books so you can understand and grasp the cultural and political implications and influences of these prisons. He deals with the emotions, the stress and anxiety as well as the realities faced working inside a prison. He deals with the occupational risks while elaborating on the psychological impact of both prison worker and prisoner.

His most recent book, Gorilla Justice, is an un-edited raw fictional version of realistic prison experiences and events through the eyes of an anecdotal translation of the inmate’s plight and suffering while enduring the harsh and toxic prison environment including solitary confinement.

Carl has been interviewed by numerous news stations and newspapers in Phoenix regarding the escape from the Kingman prison and other high profile media cases related to wrongful deaths and suicides inside prisons. His insights have been solicited by the ACLU, Amnesty International, and various other legal firms representing solitary confinement cases in California and Arizona. He is currently working on the STG Step Down program at Pelican Bay and has offered his own experience insights with the Center of Constitutional Rights lawyers and interns to establish a core program at the SHU units. He has personally corresponded and written with SHU prisoners to assess the living conditions and how it impacts their long term placement inside these type of units that are similar to those in Arizona Florence Eyman special management unit where Carl was a unit deputy warden for almost two years before his promotion to Deputy Warden of Operations in Safford and Eyman.

He is a strong advocate for the mentally ill and is a board member of David's Hope Inc. a non-profit advocacy group in Phoenix and also serves as a senior advisor for Law Enforcement Officers Advocates Council in Chino, California As a subject matter expert and corrections consultant, Carl has provided interviews and spoken on national and international radio talk shows e.g. BBC CBC Lou Show & TV shows as well as the Associated Press.

I use sarcasm, satire, parodies and other means to make you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
































































































































Saturday, December 1, 2012

Why I can't the Line


Why I can’t walk the line

By Carl R. ToersBijns

First and foremost let me say that I am trying to be a good person and tell the truth as I believe it is to the best of my ability. I know my writings or a word piss some people off and helps others understand the problem or matter more clearly. But this is done or accomplished not without some kind of rub or wrong feelings why it was said or done that way. Either way, it’s a no win situation as controversy only breeds contempt or dissatisfaction for some and informational insight to others.

I have mentioned several times that being a critic has no personal rewards nor does it warm up people to stand along side of you. You struggle through most of it alone and like anyone else doing what they think is the right thing to do, you suffer consequences in social content and contact that may impair your feelings for the moment but makes you realize your actions caused others to think and express what they feel about the issue at hand opening up their minds and thinking free or independently from others.

Everybody struggles with controversy. It’s usually divided between the good and the bad as well as the right and the evil way of doing things in life. I have and been living a worldly lifestyle that is expressing my thoughts and ideas via the social media as well as the news media. For that I will not apologize for as I believe in awareness makes things better and allows for change to occur. I want to bring change and this is how I stacked my tool box to do so.

Walking between the chasms of good and evil takes it toll and isn’t easy. Conflict is a hash and mean spirited thing when it attacks your heart, your soul and your mind, bending you one way or  the other making you wish you had conformed to walking the line and not stirred up such a mess. I’m sure there are others that feel this way but in all reality, it’s not for me. I don’t want to walk the line and conform; I want to move that line in one direction or another to make it better.

It is with great certainty that my works, my thoughts and my memory will be eclipsed once I die. I am hoping that some of my words bring happiness to some and resolution for others. I believe I will be forgiven for my sins done and for not walking the line. As for me to tow this line of neutrality cannot and will not be done in this lifetime.

I will not succumb to surrender or the silence it requires to be politically correct walk the line. It is not that I like to live on the edge of life but rather I resent and resist elements of evil men or groups menacing people’s rights and the distribution of sinful temptation to do nothing or just follow  and go with the flow.

I will behave according to my spirit, my soul and my values of life and its ethical content. I will work hard to repress regret and lost friendships but I will be overly empathetic to those who are impacted by the negativity in their lives, their workplace or their hearts. 

My thoughts are ambiguous to some and clear to others. That’s the reality of controversy or crisis management as it stands. I don’t think I am right all the time and I certainly don’t think I have all the answers but one thing I do know and that is to stand still, remain silent and do nothing is not something I could accept nor do I wish others do so as well. 

My tone may be subvert and loud and uninvited. I challenge the fact that not everyone wants to hear or deal with other people’s thoughts or ideas and refuse to listen or deal with the problems discussed or recited. That is just one of those things we do when we decide to be passive or aggressive in the manner we stand up for ourselves or others.

People must know I take risks and live in a state of jeopardy as there may be a time where a fanatical interpretation of my ideas or thoughts becomes offensive enough to act out on and deliver a blow to freedom of speech or freedom of the press.

Sometimes I act foolish to draw out the heat and sometimes I play coy to see what you are thinking. Either way, it’s my way to learn more about people and how they act, learn and play this game of life.

Neither tricking nor manipulating the outcome, my voice only speaks what needs to be said. Everything else is irrelevant and left unspoken.

Lastly, I am not a divided man. I am not torn between right or wrong or good or evil. I call it as I see or feel it and that’s my right to do so. How I feel about some things may not mean to much to others but when you look at the big picture, it may in fact impact others in one way or another. I have and will never stray from my personal responsibility. I mean what I say and I say what I mean. I retract when I am wrong and I embrace it when it’s the truth.

Walking the line is not for me. I can’t tell you how I feel but this phrase means nothing to me except that I am completely happy and satisfied with myself and know that no matter what you think of me, I don’t see two faces in the mirror when I awake as I address the morals in our society and workplace each day.

If there is one thing I would or might regret is that I can’t write too much about the good times. It seems that the bad days dwell over the good things like a dark cloud in the sky covering what needs to be seen.

I don’t throw rocks or stones at people but criticize their strategies, management principles and mostly perceived or inferred erroneous ways to do things. This unfortunately focuses on the bad times much more than those that are good like we want them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment