Wasted Honor -

Carl R. ToersBijns is the author of the Wasted Honor Trilogy [Wasted Honor I,II and Gorilla Justice] and his newest book From the Womb to the Tomb, the Tony Lester Story, which is a reflection of his life and his experiences as a correctional officer and a correctional administrator retiring with the rank of deputy warden in the New Mexico and Arizona correctional systems.

Carl also wrote a book on his combat experience in the Kindle book titled - Combat Medic - Men with destiny - A red cross of Valor -

Carl is considered by many a rogue expert in the field of prison security systems since leaving the profession. Carl has been involved in the design of many pilot programs related to mental health treatment, security threat groups, suicide prevention, and maximum custody operational plans including double bunking max inmates and enhancing security for staff. He invites you to read his books so you can understand and grasp the cultural and political implications and influences of these prisons. He deals with the emotions, the stress and anxiety as well as the realities faced working inside a prison. He deals with the occupational risks while elaborating on the psychological impact of both prison worker and prisoner.

His most recent book, Gorilla Justice, is an un-edited raw fictional version of realistic prison experiences and events through the eyes of an anecdotal translation of the inmate’s plight and suffering while enduring the harsh and toxic prison environment including solitary confinement.

Carl has been interviewed by numerous news stations and newspapers in Phoenix regarding the escape from the Kingman prison and other high profile media cases related to wrongful deaths and suicides inside prisons. His insights have been solicited by the ACLU, Amnesty International, and various other legal firms representing solitary confinement cases in California and Arizona. He is currently working on the STG Step Down program at Pelican Bay and has offered his own experience insights with the Center of Constitutional Rights lawyers and interns to establish a core program at the SHU units. He has personally corresponded and written with SHU prisoners to assess the living conditions and how it impacts their long term placement inside these type of units that are similar to those in Arizona Florence Eyman special management unit where Carl was a unit deputy warden for almost two years before his promotion to Deputy Warden of Operations in Safford and Eyman.

He is a strong advocate for the mentally ill and is a board member of David's Hope Inc. a non-profit advocacy group in Phoenix and also serves as a senior advisor for Law Enforcement Officers Advocates Council in Chino, California As a subject matter expert and corrections consultant, Carl has provided interviews and spoken on national and international radio talk shows e.g. BBC CBC Lou Show & TV shows as well as the Associated Press.

I use sarcasm, satire, parodies and other means to make you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
































































































































Saturday, September 5, 2015

Chocolate Dreams - what they mean to me - my own theory in my life -


Living on the Bitter Sweet Dreams on cocoa leaves

 
We all know that the cocoa beans are plants and as such plants, they have contributed to our healthy ways of living by contributing bitter sweet moments in our lives. It has been said by some that eating chocolate before going to bed might exasperate bad dreams or create nightmares. Some say if you already have a sleep disorder, this heavy burden of laying down with the cocoa leaves have been known to have people act out violent nightmares and sometimes called crazy.

Temporary paralysis during a deep sleep is common. However, it has been said that eating chocolate before bedtime can causes you to thrash around and become highly disruptive and loud by shouting while sleeping like you are having a nightmare. Some have reported kicking and punching out their partners in bed and acting out what is happening in their dream. Certainly such dreams are not welcome in our lives and should be addressed.

This is not normal behavior and should be addressed with your doctor. On the other hand, eating chocolate before bedtime can trigger out things out there that are bitter sweet in nature but part of the reality when you are consciously awake. One works with the subconscious in order to complete the dream or thought thus is it important you pay attention. It is suggested that chocolate might help block a natural process that paralyses sleepers when they dream kicking them emotionally loose and free.

The good news is that there is no evidence linking chocolate to bad dreams or violent sleeping patterns thus there is no reason to panic and stop eating chocolate. We all know that chocolate is the dream symbol of a sweet life. For me, it is a bitter sweet symbol of my life. It often comes and goes with time but it never disappears. Some dreams are indeed nightmares of the past while others reflect the good things in my life. For me, chocolate has always been a good thing to eat, especially late at night because it enhances my mood to make me think of something good.

Often this kind of bitter sweet dream signifies the ups and downs of my life which has almost come to an end at times. For me, chocolate plays a big part of my past, present and future as it applies to all time periods of my life. Dreams and nightmares are still a significant part of your lifestyle and living. Chocolate gives you energy. It plays a role in your love life and your personal life as it creates your moods.

For me, chocolate represent the women in my life. Looking back, my experiences with the opposite sex has been a pleasant and most romantic part of my life while at the same time, finding moments that were volatile and unexplainable in moods and temptation. You see, chocolate is a temptation. It gives you the motivation to commit sin.

Of course, this is not a scientific way of saying this but when it comes to chocolate, science hasn’t said much and my dreams have told me the truth. Generally speaking, just seeing chocolate in my dreams usually means something good but there are times that these dreams turn bitter and not very pleasant as it replays my life in my subconscious mind all over again.  

Regardless, how you see chocolate, it is here to stay for me. I love chocolate and can’t do without it. It is an addiction. Perhaps you can see how someone could be addicted to chocolate is you use it as a metaphor for love. Love impacts your life. Love can be sweet and yet, love can be sour or bitter in the case of the dreams after eating chocolate. Generally, if you just see chocolate in a dream it means that you will take part in some important event and the result of this occurrence will have an impact on your life.  It’s not destiny and it’s not karma.

It’s the result of eating chocolate before going to sleep and the outcome is going to be a very good experience if you make it so. Making the most of chocolate related dreams enhances your life and your moods. In reality, you will experience the good things in life.

If I drink hot chocolate, like I did when I lived in Ohio during the winter months, I experienced unprecedented love. Ohio was a lover’s nest. There are many kinds of chocolates out there. Some became my partner or my spouse and each relationship was unique and different according to the type of chocolate I had. Each ignited me with new vigor and pleasures.

The summer time is a bad time to store chocolate unless you keep it refrigerated. I kept my chocolate bars in the refrigerator and sometimes, I froze them. It was a sign of keeping them whole and when you were ready to bite into it, it was often a sign of an upcoming affair. Chocolate implies trouble but like most trouble, you can find the silver lining in that cloud and make it a positive experience in the long run. Chocolate gives you joy and good appreciation of your own endeavors, challenges and undertakings. It has helped me overcome barriers and challenges often to great to conquer without the bite of chocolate for it emboldens me to do my best.

Last night, my chocolate dream was again bitter sweet. I saw faces of the past. I heard voices that will forever be with me forever or until the end as their sweetness or bitterness of my chocolate flavor will be remembered for an eternity. I was very satisfied waking up this morning to the dream. It had been delayed for a long time since I had the last one. I took a little bit extra chocolate last night to trigger a little heaven while I was sleeping. When all said and done, it was a pleasurable and favorable outcome. I dreamt with peace in my mind, something that escapes me at times for reasons known to only those close to me.

Luckily, I have never had spoiled chocolate. That would be most unfavorable and unexpected since I don’t believe my life has been that bad in so many ways to deserve bad or spoiled chocolate. Sure, I have had my share of disappointments but failures are few and one bad interpretation of this dream would cause me to stop eating chocolate before going to bed. Chocolate for me has always been a natural aphrodisiac in life.

I have found and experienced frustration when it came to relationships, friendships and betrayals; liars and cheaters and others who make the chocolate of life tasteless and sour. Sadly, this can happen in something you least expect it to appear. After the dream about tasteless chocolate with a nice wrapper, you need to carefully accept changes in life and stop trusting bad people. Don’t let appearances fool you.

A good chocolate is tasteful and pleasant to bit into and if you dream of the melted kind, it is a sign of successful completion of all the dubious and problematic deals in your life. It also means you can expect or also receive the unexpected help. Thus chocolate can be sweet or bitter. It can be happiness or anxiety and the way you enjoy this chocolate is to appreciate every bite and every chance you get to have chocolate in your life.

When it is all said and done, my chocolate, neatly wrapped, melted, frozen or liquid, has always allowed me to discover the good candy bars in life. Sometimes the taste is bitter or even disgustingly tartness but you have to take the good with the bad. Chocolate bitter or sour means a life of frustration. Chocolate sweet and sugary is loving life and having love in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment